Friday 16 December 2011

A Tweet Christmas By Sam Read


In the run up to Christmas I often think of the birds outside, in the cold winds and rain or even snow. So here's a cute little chap in the fluttering snowflakes. This originally started life as an ATC, but my latest 'thing' is to turn ATC's into little cards.


The background is Broken China Distress ink, the snowflakes stamped with white acrylic paint with some Stickles for sparkle. I stamped the Bow Heart directly on the card and then again on some white card, coloured the heart and then adhered to the card on top of the original image.


The holly decoration was made using shrink plastic, sanded and then coloured using pencil crayons. The bird and heart flowers are simply stamped, coloured or painted and glued on.


I hope you like this little card, to say I was quite nervous about this, my first post on the Happy Daze Design Team blog, would be very much an under statement!


Wishing you a lovely Christmas, Sam xxx


5 comments:

  1. It's a very cute first DT project :-)Great idea about turning ATC's into cards. Love the holly embellishment. I have to admit I have never made an ATC before, will have to be a new years resolutions to make some ATC'S. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute bird and love the heart border Sam, enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! I really like that it is a Christmas card without the "traditional" xmas images (except the holly). Beautiful!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.